HybridZ

rb20 no ower runs smooth overheating

stprasinz

ok, as the title says.. my buddy has a rb20det swap in his car (240sx, but I know youguys are the go to..) Ok heres what it is.. it runs smooth as ever, has no power, doesn't smoke, sluggish revs, he claims it doesn't build boost, but i watch the gauge go up to 9psi... timing was reset to approx 20 degrees, we have had itset there before and it ran good enough... now he just pulled the whole front end apart (radiator, fmic, acc. belts, harmonic, covers, and one tensoiner (he went to school, so I think I can trust he did that right, but he's gonna check that if no one has other hints) this thing sounds greta, but has NO POWER, like we might be able to run a stock civic... from the 80's thats beat t hell... well, or maybe not.. lol... like when he floors it, it feels like your babying it.... NO power at all... anyone????

Any codes? What's the compression? What vacuum do you pull at idle? I would check the can timing. If the cam timing is off it will make the engine run like a dog. Check the maf voltage.

Edited by pat1

well.... I guess the cam tim ing was off..... a tooth off, redid it tonight(he pulled it apart, and me being the do it kinda guy, I slapped his tiing belt back on for him... now she runs fine again... after tightenign a t bolt clamp.. lol.... thats a funny one, got it all back together take it out.. runs way better, but not quite the power it should, and it sounds super charged.... what the??? take it back pop the hood, ( after he says the timing belts too tight...) and a t bolt clamp just slides down like hi, Im loose lol... tighten that bam... back to how it was.. lower boost, but his controller isturned down so.....