HybridZ

Rear window louvers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all!

Dumb question BUT! =) I seel all of the peoples cars on this page and i dont htink i have seen ONE that has had the rear window louvers... is there a reson for this other then jsut persional pref.? or is it not as airodinamic? me lost here... thanx allot!!

Guest Anonymous

I used to like the rear window louvers and the sun roof too! but for some reason I can do without them these days. Just a matter of preference!

I have them on my car. I had them on my last Z as well. The parts car I just got has a better set I'll swap onto my car. In Texas you can't afford NOT to have them IMO. Really lowers the interior temp, will let your carpet live longer and you can still see out the back unlike dark tint. I think the car looks a little more streamlined without them, but on a driver their benefits far outweigh the cosmetic drawback.

Guest Willieboy240z

I'm torn. I really like them, too. Sometimes, though, they can look dated and out of place.

Mostly I like them black, but I have seen some color coordinated ones that look really nice.

I don't think I would pay "retail" for one. But if I could find a junkmoble, I'd definitely consider it. I'd be a little leery of eBay or other mail order source since there are several versions of these and some definitely look better than others.

Guest Anonymous

speaking of louvers, i have a set on my 260 that i will let go of if anyone is interested. they are in good condition although im not sure how to remove the mounting hardware. anyway, if anyone wants them let me know.

Guest Anonymous

I also have a set I would let go of. Mine are the metal type, I believe it says shadow on it. I'll have to take a look and see if I have all the mounting hardware still, though. I took it off when I first got the car. I much prefer the look w/o and it doesn't get too hot in AK anyway.

I have the metal ones that came from the factory on my 83ZX. I don't think they're aerodynamic, they just provide shade like window blinds in your house. I like the appearance of them coollook.gif but they rattle, which is annoying :mad: .

Dan H

Guest Perry

I also have a metal set I will get rid of. They are still on my 77Z, I was told they were a factory authorized dealer item. They never rattled or had any other problems.

I don't like them personally, they are old school and not in a good way. I don't think they do anything for the Z's looks and being inside a car with rear windo louvers gives it a really dated feel, which isn't cool because the Z's interior can be timeless with a few mods here and there (seats, wheel, gauges).