HybridZ

Corvette mirrors

MikeS

Has anybody tried using the Corvette c5 97 and up style mirrors. The base is wider than the z mirror base. I have been considering these for my car, but making the proper adapter might be too much work. Any help on these or other mirrors that mount to the door would be very helpfull.

Thanks

My last Z had a pair of mirrors from an early Camaro (70-81 bullet mirror) I like them so much I put them on my current car as well. These mount to the doors and look great IMO. They are about $20-$40 a pair in the salvage yard and I think they have a shape that goes well with the rest of the Z. And they are metal. Stay away from the C3 corvette mirror which is similar but the stalke is the wrong angle. You can even mount the remote adjuster in the bottom of the Z door.

mirror2.jpg

mirror4.jpg

Thanks. I wish I could say I came up with it, but they came on my last car when I bought it. smile.gif I really like them and think they have the same shape as the rest of the car and don't look dated even though they debuted the same year as the Z and its gosh awful chrome mirror. This car had those idiotic turbo mirrors when I got it and they didn't fit at the right angle and the sun had already done a number on them.

Guest Anonymous

hey MikeS i have not tried that but i love that kind of car if u want 2 talk about them just let me know.

240Zhotshot :D