HybridZ

how much more clearance with ZG flares?

Iceman

I just got some used wheels for my Z and the offset puts them out more than I had hoped. I figure they are about a -10mm if I understand how to do the measurements properly. They are 8" wide with a measurement of 3 1/8" from the rear lip to the back of the hub. With them mounted, they sit with about 1" of the width threatening to hit the edge of the fender. What kind of measurements can I take to see if ZG flares will make enough of a difference to use these wheels? Is there a certain amount of clearance from the top of the tire to the fender lip that I wont even need to worry about it?

I don't know what the stock measurement would be but with my ZGs its 12" from the inside edge of the rear flare to the cutout for the spring on the inner fender. Hope that helps.

The clearance measurement trick is to remove the spring, mount the wheel with the tire and raise it up to see if it will clear. Not a fun thing to do but the only way to know for sure.

Edited by deja