HybridZ

What to use for hood hinges?

Guest nezzie76

Guest nezzie76

Okay, I'm wondering what everybody is using for hood hinges. My GTO front end can have the stock ones, and I have very little space to work with. I'm curious what everybody else that doesn't have the stock hinges used. I have probably just short of an inch to spare between the body and the hood. Please use this link to check out the pic that I have of it. Thanks! http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/dancingnathan22/lst?&.dir=/Need+hood+hinges&.src=ph&.view=t

Guest Anonymous

It seems that some of these GTO owners would have a solution for you on hood hinges. I wrote Rory Bateman on his special scissor hinges to find out what they came out of and also a replacement for my busted trunk hinges. It seems the Stable Works GTO used a GM simple hinge but of course Olga found a place for my set while I was a away.

Guest Anonymous

The Stable kit uses Corvette hood hinges (about $70 a pair from Midwest Corvette). The hood brace is scribed to fit the hinges (and the stock hood latch) and they attach to the radiator support brace.

Guest nezzie76

Thanks guys, I've emailed ZFerrari. If you guys know of a scissor type of latch that can mount on the side let me know. I've had to "trim" the core support and those corvette hinges won't work unless the can mount close to the middle and not near the sides. If I can't find one, I'll have to sneak over to TommahawkZs property and steal his latchs... ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nezzie76

Don't worry about it Staledale. I got something that works. I shoved a bolt through each side of the hood and then drilled through the quarters and put the bolt through with a nut. Works great but I do have to admit it's a little cheezy.

Thanks though! smile.gif