HybridZ

Help identifying last few hoses/wires before startup

hey guys,

I bought my car as a non-running project and now have it to where i am almost ready for the first fire up. I need some help from the experts here at hybrid z to identify some miscellaneous disconnected wiring and hoses before i am ready to fire the engine up. heres the pics:

RED: these appear to be vaccuum hoses that the previous owner put golf tees in. does anybody know where they connect to?

Green: there are holes which are threaded and look like something can be screwed into them. does anyone know what they are for ?

3ef6ce846db9__1281195457000.jpg

RED: anybody know where i am to connect these to? and with what size hoses ?

bd1dbf98d4d0__1281226144000.jpg

Red: im assuming these are something to do with emissions. now that i have the dgvs can i just leave them there or take them out ?

b5cb567d169e__1281226242000.jpg

RED: DGV guys is the vacuum hose which connects the two carbs by the green circles necessary?

365a429b17db__1281200512000.jpg

RED: where do these two wires go ? they appear to be part of a stock car harness. it is bunched with two yellow wires which go to the thermostat and the distributor

209cd683810c__1281200494000.jpg

what is this thing?

62eed8aafe80__1281200480000.jpg

if you guys can help me out it would be great :D

Holy smoke.

First picture. Red Manifold vacuum lines. One used to go to dizzy vacuum advance, but now since these carbs are different, the vacuum signal there is not useful. Green holes. if there are connected to the manifold, plug them!

Second picture, Big one of valve cover needs to go to the the air cleaner. Many people put a little k&N filter on it. Other nipples, ignore!

Third picture. That is the crank case vent and needs to have a PCV valve on the end, connected to the intake manifold so it has soemthing to suck on to, well, vent the crank case!

Forth picture green. The two ports look like bowl vents but I'm not a DGV guy. They need to be connected to the atmosphere. Again, should go to the air cleaner.

Fifth picture: No clue. Someone? What else in the thermo/dizzy harness?

sixth picture. That "thing" is a condensor. Connects to + side of the coil. Designed to keep ignition noise out of the radio. If your radio is quiet, ignore it.

You really need to study some here about SU carbs and how they hook up to their lines. It will show you why you have stuff disconnected and where it goes on SU's and what its needed for.

The only missing picture is you taking the DGV's off and getting proper SU's back on there!!!! Just my opinion.

Jim