HybridZ

Rear End removal on rotisserie

Guest jdllaugh

Guest jdllaugh

I'm debating whether it would be reasonable to mount my 240z on the rotisserie with the rear-end and front end still attached, with the idea of spinning the car over and removing the components without having to crawl under the car.

I realise that having the rear attached would dramatically alter the pivot point. I've completed construction on my Rot., and I can adjust the pivot in relation to the mount points.

Anybody done it this way?

I pulled front and rear suspension first, but I have seen photos of cars on rotisseries with the suspension still in place. Not sure how beefy your rotisserie is, but I doubt the added weight would be a problem. I would pull the differential to be safe, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

I pulled my suspension first when putting it on the Rotisserie (but that's easy, as an assembly, there aren't many bolts/nuts to remove).

When I was ready to put the car back on the ground, I did put the front and rear suspension on the car, but only at last, and only had minimal undercar hardware (parking brake, fuel, brake lines) on. I also left the differential and halfshafts out. The idea was that holding up all this weight from the ends was tough on the mount points and and the ends of the unibody that weren't designed to be loaded like that. I only left it up like that for a day or two before resting it on the ground.