HybridZ

oil out the dipstick

jpuga

Well I was driving home from work and I turned up the boost to about 12psi then as I got off the freeway I felt it kind of stutter and shake alilttle bit and sound like it was going to turn off. I made it home but there was a lot of smoke comming from under the car and it smelled like burned oil. I opened the hood and I had a lot of oil all over the driver side on the engine I noticed the dipstick was sticking out and pushed it back in. As for the shaking and stuttering it got worse it stalled every time I started it. I think its my pcv valves are stuck shut and maybe bad fuel injector or injectors.

Its a 92 z32tt

Apexi boost controller

Hks blow off valves

Jwt pop charger and chip

Stillen 3in cat back exhaust

Hks turbo timer

Everithing else is stock has any one had this on their z

Do a compression/leakdown test.

The dipstick likely got blown out from pressure building up inside of the crankcase.

Have you verified that you were only boosting to 12 psi?

It sounds like you might have an issue with the EBC and overboosted.

Edited by cockerstar

Pcv valves were stuck and the hoses were breaking apart so I need to go to the stealership to get new hoses and valves. I still think I got 2 bad injectors cause I put a long screw driver to listen to the injectors and the two closest to the driver side I can't hear a tic. Any other way to check them?

Thanks

I was running .82 bars its around 12 psi right? U might be right because I turned the car on and now I get a ticking out of a connector from the ebc that hooks up to the blow off valves.(sorry don't know what its called).

Pcv valves were stuck and the hoses were breaking apart so I need to go to the stealership to get new hoses and valves. I still think I got 2 bad injectors cause I put a long screw driver to listen to the injectors and the two closest to the driver side I can't hear a tic. Any other way to check them?

Thanks

Check them by resistance. They should be 12ohms or thereabouts.

Also, you can save quite a bit of money getting the Z1 silicone PCV set. I've got it on my Z32, and the quality and fit is top notch.

Thanks for the replies guys now all I need is some time to work on it. Since I work in the oil fields now its a little challenging to work on my cars all I want to do now is rest ill probably take vacation time and do it then. I think I will go with the z1 pcv set. I might just upgrade injectors to new style but the price holds me back because its a big chunck of change. Ill probably just fix her up and enjoy her the way she is.

Thanks again guys.