HybridZ

intercooler piping for cold air intake?

korn

What would work better as far as custom intakes go? intercooler piping or just get some of those pepboys put together junk-intakes things??? i was thinking of just ordering a inter cooler piping kit and welding one together...but i need some insight!!

I used a 90 degree exhaust elbow of the proper diameter. K&N filter. brazed a hunk of flat bar on the elbow to keep it in place used one of the M6 bolts below it where convenient. works just fine. K&N has a calculator on their site. put in rpm, displacement tells you what filters will be enough. turned out one that was a stock item at Schucks was sufficient and not too expensive.

cool man thanks sounds easy and simple enough... But i was thinking of somthing like this though, second pic (i like the piping with no maf showing) and then cone filter to finish with the maf in the middle if the radiator suport beam....(i know second pic is turbo haha).. i don't like that big ass afm man it looks horrific to me!!! FIXED IT! Looking into AFM to MAF conversion..

post-12754-022208800 1282158656_thumb.jpg

post-12754-099454400 1282158703_thumb.jpg

Edited by korn

Keep in mind that the appropriate size for the cold air intake and the intercooler piping will be different. For a typical ~300 whp L28, you probably don't want to go any smaller than 3" diameter for the intake. For the intercooler piping, at that power level 2.0 - 2.5" is about right depending on who you listen to. Based on the guidelines in Maximum Boost, I went with 2.25" as it was easier to fit and should easily support 300+ whp with little pressure drop.