HybridZ

Hood Vent

75280z

I have a perfectly good 1975 280z. The hood on it it doesn't have any rust and only 1 very small dent. I swapped in a l28et and now am worried about under hood temperatures. My problem is I hate to cut up a perfectly good hood when there isn't an unlimited supply out there.

My question is I have several 280zx parts cars and I have the vents I was just wondering whether I should go ahead and add the vents (a 280zx turbo vent would look pretty cool) or go the other route and just look for some dinged up inspection lids to vent. This isn't about the looks of the vents; I just would really like to not cook everything in my engine bay.

*Edited to make a little more sense the hood is the one that is on the car, not just an extra one

Edited by 75280z

I have a perfectly good 1975 280z Hood it doesn't have any rust and only 1 very small dent. I swapped in a l28et and now am worried about under hood temperatures. My problem is I hate to cut up a perfectly good hood when there isn't an unlimited supply out there.

My question is I have several 280zx parts cars and I have the vents I was just wondering whether I should go ahead and add the vents (a 280zx turbo vent would look pretty cool) or go the other route and just look for some dinged up inspection lids to vent. This isn't about the looks of the vents; I just would really like to not cook everything in my engine bay.

Why not cut the hood to fit the late 280Z style hood vents?

I would think if he was going to cut for that he might as well just get a 280z hood, I think hes on a better track with the ZX idea but placement is everything, you can either go up high and have it look "right" or you can cut low like others have in threads and it still look Ok (in my opinion) but be alot more functional, please look for the threads in the wind results/whatnot section for the cars im talking about, they vents can be very functional from what ive seen if placed accordingly.

Also you might look into a fiberglass hood, I have an extra right now im debating about what car to use it on or even use it at all but im thinking its from "RR" out in arizona (id have to look at the box) but its a fiberglass hood, looks like stock, but the back where it latches is hollowed out so it technically is a "cowl" yet stock hood. -Jeff