HybridZ

280zx, does v8 installation deviate from JTR manual?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does the installation of a 350 and super

t-10 four speed into an 82 280zx differ

than into the earlier cars?

Also, could anybody tell me where I can

get an appropriate flywheel/clutch/starter/bellhousing combo from?

Guest Locutus

Search the forum there has been much discussion on the differences between the Z and the ZX. The major one I can tell you will be the motor mounts. I think you have the same engine possibilities as a Z but weight might be an issue(though I doubt it as the ZX is heavier in the rear than the Z)

mik

Jack300ZX:

The is a conversion manual for the earlier "Z" available from Jags That Run (WEB site WWW.JTRpublishing.com) that is a must read and very helpful, but lots of areas do not pertain to the "ZX". I've just about finished with an 83 conversion. (Should be starting it up in the next several weeks). Check out my June 27 Post from danc that has some hopefully helpful info. I would be happy to grocery list the piece/parts that worked for me in addition to any other help I could lend. There are several folks on this forum who have "working" ZXs, and I'm sure they could be most helpful. I've done all of the work myself except the driver's side header modification and exhaust, but knowing what I do today, I'd definitely do it again! Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

i've got a working zx as well. the biggest problem is the driver side header, and then the stock tranny mounts on the tranny hull, had to rip mine out. I put a t56 in it though. When I had the 700r4, it all fit it. I used the stock tranny mounts, and bracket and all. It worked slick icon_smile.gif

sean

Guest Anonymous

Hi Jack. There is a nice thing about 280zx's. the original Z's with v8's are rare to begin with. But V8 ZX's are really rare i think. Id like to hear how your project goes once you get it started.