HybridZ

Will not turn off with key

Actually I haven't touched it since. I put it away in my garage for winter up here and just haven't had time to bother with it. I will power it up and start tracing wires and un-plugging/voltmeter to see where the issue is. Don't be afraid to shoot a private message or reply to the thread, i'm still around the forum every now and then just not as much as I used to be. I want to get a bunch of stuff done on the Z before spring, but this new house/christmas and a million other things have occupied my time.

• 7 months later...

Still having intermittent issues with this.

I thought it was the power looping through my new alternator (I thought maybe it was cooking the diode i'd wired in-line for the feed). However when I turn off the key and the car stays running the only way to kill the engine is to pull the coil wire. If I pull the connection at the back of the alternator it doesn't shut the car off so i've ruled out the diode being the problem. What am I missing? Is there something with the key switch or a relay that would keep things powered up and allow the car to continue getting power through the coil?

Also, once the car is shut off often times the battery will continue to feed power (fuel pump and radio will stay on). I've tested the key switch for the ignition and everything seems fine with it. I'm lost as to what it could be?

• 1 month later...

Still having intermittent issues with this.

I thought it was the power looping through my new alternator (I thought maybe it was cooking the diode i'd wired in-line for the feed). However when I turn off the key and the car stays running the only way to kill the engine is to pull the coil wire. If I pull the connection at the back of the alternator it doesn't shut the car off so i've ruled out the diode being the problem. What am I missing? Is there something with the key switch or a relay that would keep things powered up and allow the car to continue getting power through the coil?

Also, once the car is shut off often times the battery will continue to feed power (fuel pump and radio will stay on). I've tested the key switch for the ignition and everything seems fine with it. I'm lost as to what it could be?

Well i figured out my issue, i had to install a diode on the new alternator plug, shuts off every time now.