HybridZ

Strut tower braces under front fenders?

RB30X

What are these braces called ...

Overkill bars? Ballast? I'm not sure what problem they're solving. That is the first time I've seen a brace placed there. Maybe that is an area that needs stabilizing but unless it's tied into a comprehensive cage, I don't think there is much of a benefit.

I've seen them before, but on their own serve little real pupose. Coupled with a fully designed cage maybe. They link into the rocker panel (looks like it in this pic)

We need a cage builder to chime in here to explain if it is useful or not. Assume on a street car they are worthless.

Edited by ZR8ED

What are these braces called and is there any info on what they are made from or where they should be installed?

The braces are called... braces. All are custom made out of DOM tubing that look to be from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" OD. Don't know about the wall thinness (my ex-ray vision is weak in the morning). And they look like they should be installed exactly where they are installed.

• Administrators

You mean this brace under the fender that triangulates the rocker "panel-firewall-upper strut tower" in the vertical plane?

completedfrontendreinforcementwi-1.jpg

As johnc mentioned, just braces for chassis stiffening/reinforcement, not really a particular name that I am aware for that particular brace.

I seen a few people use this method as a sutle way of strengthening the chasis without going a full cage. I've got an LS1 in my 240z and I don't want it to snap in half the first time I drop the clutch at the strip with some sticky rubber under the rear.