HybridZ

Camber plate kits and ride quality

I have a suspension question. I posted this in the GTO forum as well. Hope I don't lose heaven points for that. I am completing my Velo Rosa buils and for our GTO kits we have to lower the front 2-3 inches to get the right look. I am going to go the coil over route to get the drop. The only question I have is what camber plate kit to use.

My main consideration is ride quality, noise, and clunks. Just to be clear, I don't care about performance other than tire wear. I am assuming I need camber adjustment to keep the tires from wearing horribly after I lower the car 2 - 3 inches. If that is not correct, let me know and I won't bother with camber kits. Again, my needs are ride quality and good tire wear.

The Z store sells this kit that replaces the stock rubber mount with polyurethane. http://www.thezstore.../PSDC15/23-4188

post-895-044393400 1283978176_thumb.jpg

Beta Motorsports has this one with a mono-ball bearing. It's mounted metal on metal. http://www.thezstore.../PSDC15/23-4188

post-895-080923800 1283978199_thumb.jpg

Arizona Z car and ground control have other metal to metal mounts.

post-895-000977900 1283978208_thumb.jpg

And of course I could use the original rubber mount, but would have limited camber adjustment. Not good with that much lowering.

IF you used the solid mount, does the car rattle or clunk over potholes?

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by mclark999

No camber plate kit should rattle or clunk. The biscuit style camber plates (EMI Racing or the ones MSA sells - DP Racing) can have a 1/8" layer of urethane sheet put between the top of the camber plate and the underside of the strut tower to add some noise isolation.

• 2 months later...

The Z store sells this kit that replaces the stock rubber mount with polyurethane. http://www.thezstore.../PSDC15/23-4188

post-895-044393400 1283978176_thumb.jpg

I have these in the rear of my Z right now, and I'm not happy with them. The hole that the strut rod goes though in the center of the large bushing has deformed, and the bushing will no longer hold it's position. This happened very quickly after installation. I think it maintains maybe a 1/2 degree.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

You could use the weld in camber plates that both Techno Toy and AZcar are selling. If you don't want to weld, techno toy can also provide a bolt in solution (you have to drill new holes in the strut top, as they are for a different car).

764947.jpeg

TT's weld in option below and the bolt in option on top.