HybridZ

Mounting ZG Fender Mirrors?

Hey Everyone,

I bought a pair of ZG fender mirrors from Hiromi and they arrived yesterday.

Does anyone know "where" they mount on the fender and how to mount them. It's not a simple as two screws. Theres a mounting bracket that mounts underneath the fender and looks like there are two holes (.72",.18"); the smaller one is use as a mounting guide.

By the looks of it, here comes the drill...

Hoover

Guest the_dj

Here is my car as is:

Picture of car

I am planning on moving the mirrors (can you guess why?)

I have a couple closeups of the real Fairlady that was at the show, I'll scan them and post them tonight for you to look. smile.gif

Sam

Hoover,

In my photo coverage of the 2000 West Coast Nationals there is a Fairlady ZG with mirrors that you can reference at http://www.zparts.com/showcase/wczn20/pages/00r11f11.htm

Also, in my sig below you may be able to discern the former location of removed mirrors on my own 74 Fairlady ZG where the Japanese enthusiast replaced them with a small chrome decorative strip to cover over the mirror mounting hole when he removed the mirrors. They are located above and slightly forward of the front wheel center caps. See below.

--Sleek Z

Like said above, forward of the apex of the fender opening. I have mine a little further forward than that.

You need to drill two holes as you can see from the bottom of the mirror. One to hold the base and one to keep the entire thing from spinning around. Then slide the threaded bolt thru the base and tighten the nut which will be inside the fender.

Owen