HybridZ

Bikes, Blues & Hot Rods Too

dat240zg

Just checking...I'll have #248 entered again this year. They've created two new import categories (think that it's before '80 and after '80) so it should help. Last year they had me in the same category as the $100K+ trailer queens...it was ridiculous.

Let's get some Z's there!!! If you're going to go, let me know - it'd be cool to park them all together.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Won Best in Class...woot woot!!

What a day that was.

Short summary:

Friday - Take the day off of work to detail car out; check all of the fluids, and when I pull the drain plug on the diff (R190 LSD), I see some shavings on the magnet. Stick my finger in side and find 6 or 7 pieces of gears the size of my thumbnail!!!!

Friday PM - call Sommers up begging for any diff that I can swap in to get to the show, he drops what he's doing and we search through his hoard of parts, no dice.

Friday PM, #2 - call Jim Daniels, aka Zup on classiczcars and go through the same situation, but this time get lucky, as Jim gives me the rear end from the Z he's restoring.

Friday PM, #3 - 3pm - spend the next two hours swapping diffs, scraping up my MML control arms (!@#@$@$!W$#@)and test the car by 5pm. Head to the football game at the High School where I work, come home and detail til past midnight.

Saturday - Head down to Bikes, Blues and Hot Rods too, enter late, and spend the next several hours trying to convince a bunch of inebriated bikers that this isn't a furrin piece of crap....

Note to those who are interested: Getting irritated and telling said inebriated bikers that my Z is more American than their Harley is not the best idea.

Winning Best of Class was sweet! Big thanks to David and Jim.

Thanks for the offer, but with the setup I had, I was stuck size wise with a 180. All worked out in the end. :)

Here are a few pics:

med_gallery_215_834_496304.jpg

med_gallery_215_834_537045.jpg

There were a few really nice cars there - I was wishing that I could get away to see more of them. One was a old school Challenger convert that had a complete viper drivetrain swap (cool), but for the over the top element, had teh entire viper interior, front and rear suspension. Very cool!

What did amaze me was the number of non-bikers that would come up and tell me their Z stories - neat to see how many people really get nostalgic about 'em. Now to get working on the R230 swap...

Bryan