HybridZ

82 280zx problems

Hi, I'm new here, but i recently bought a 82 280 zx and am having some problems with it. the previous owner said it had electrical problems, and when i started it, it just turned off by itself. Everything was recently replaced on the car, and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what could be wrong. Thanks

you should post your question in the s130 forum. there are differences between the zx and the z. if you want answers you need to post something more than it turns itself off. what was everything that was recently replaced? what is your fuel pressure? have you put a timing light on it to set the ignition timing? you should download the Factory Service Manual (fsm) from xenon website its free. do a google search for fsm and you will find it. The first thing to do is determine whether the heart of your electrical system - The Battery and associated charging system is any good. Any good battery shop will load test the battery and determine if the charging system is working usually free. Are all the battery cable terminals tight and clean of corrosion. ZX don't like low voltage causes all sorts of gremlins in the electronics. If you have the one size fit all clamp on connectors (pic) invest the $20 in new real cables not some jack leg make do fix. Read the fsm describe what happens and what you have checked. post in correct section.

post-1378-058009800 1285803557_thumb.jpg