HybridZ

82 280zx problems

slimpac

Hi i recently got a 82 280zx, and it has a new fuel pump, engine rebuild and other small things, but it has one electrical problem (what the previous owner said) that when it starts up it turn off by itself. The battery in it isn't very good though, if that is an indicator about anything. Thats the only thing wrong with it (i think) but i really want to get this baby running! please help me!!

Most fuel injected cars won't run without a good battery and a good charge, They are pretty specific about the voltage going to the ECU for it to run correctly. Replace the battery and that should fix your problem. Does your car stumble and you have to hold the gas to keep it running, what are some of the cars symptoms?

Be sure your battery cable terminals are tight and free of corrosion. just putting in a new battery with crappy cables may not solve your problem. be sure the ground goes to the frame and then to the starter. grounding thru the starter is not a reliable connection. it should go to a bolt about a foot below the battery.

Edited by roger.svoboda

• 2 weeks later...