HybridZ

280z Ignition Tumbler problems

Ok so I did several searches on here and found a post that had a sort of similar problem but no answer exactly so I will try myself.

Car is a 77. The problem is that the ignition tumbler is old and worn and won't release the key sometimes. Probably the pins inside are gone. I can get this part for 35$ at advance but they have two kinds. A "6 tumbler" and a "7 tumbler". Ok so....

I removed the steering column cover and removed the black housing that contains the key tumbler and the switch.

1. How do I removed the lock cylinder/tumbler from the black housing that clamps to the steering shaft? I have tried several combinations of sequence to get it out, (i.e. key in/key out, key in at different positions, locking post in/locking post out) but I cannot seem to release it from the housing. I must be overlooking something/it should not be this difficult

2. How do I tell whether I need a "6 tumbler" or a "7 tumbler"? The backside of the switch body is stamped with several markings (8B, AL, and 6) and the inside of the black housing on the switch side is stamped with an "E" and "6".