HybridZ

body parts $$$

I was at the local pick n pull where they had a 77 280z in great condition. Wondering what body parts worth. For example, the hatch and hatch lid were in excellent condition. Both fenders and doors showed no rust. I didn't see the floor pans or the frame rails or the spare tire well,if there is no rust what is the value of these.

Just wondering if it is worth my time to cut these out and resell them.

I'm in Phoenix, Az where there normally are s130's but rarely s30's.

In my experience and opinion, value is going to be determined by whether or not you have a buyer for that particular piece. Sure, they are going to be worth something, because there are plenty of rusted out, damaged Z's out there. However, if you are looking for a quick turnaround and profit, good luck. Since body panels are so large, bulky and heavy, no one is likely going to want to buy one long-distance and pay for the shipping costs incurred while still allowing you a profit. So, you are then stuck with a bunch of Z parts that you didn't need in the first place, taking up valuable space waiting for that buyer that may never come. But, if you need the part, it's definitely worth YOUR time and money to get it for YOU.

its hard to get rich off of selling parts...when you have to buy them first...but if its nice enough why not just buy the whole car?

Not looking to get rich but just to make a few xtra $$. As to buying the car I don't have the room since I have 2 other z's. Besides the junkyard won't sell it.