HybridZ

240z tail lights into 260z/280z. write up+pics

brianZortiz

did you flang the panel where you cut out . it will strengthen the panel

As of right now I've only cut out the parts to make the lights fit. nothing is mounted yet and neither of the old reverse lights are welded shut. I'm still looking into how to mount the bottoms of the trim panels as well so I still have a bit of work. Have any pics of where to flange it?

I have not done it on a z only on my 510's you usualy flang the rear tail light panel on a dime when you cut the tail light wholes bigger for sss tail lights .

I have a pic of when my buddy flanged my core support for my inter cooler on my dime. All you do is take a body hammer and bend the edge  you cut out 90 degreese.   Then we use a grinder with a cut of wheel to make the edge you bent straight

this is the only pic i took and it was the first ruf pass if you look close you can see what i am talking about

2011-11-02005523.jpg

• 2 months later...

That looks great and sounds like an awesome idea. Too bad there aren't too many z's in the junkyards in New England. I would love to do something like that to my 280z seeing as the same areas on mine are still kinda mangled from the tree the Z fell on :/