HybridZ

Coilovers vs Tokico kits 280z

Forget price difference and forget lowering capability. why would you choose one over the other? Also, if you chose the kit, would you get adjustable shocks? I plan to lower the car 1-2" with a 350 / 5sp swap for street use. May go to the track once or twice....

Lets see your opinion!

If you're not going to shorten the struts and are not looking for more then about 1" of drop, then OEM is fine. Keep in mind the car doesn't care where the spring rate comes from (2.5" ID coil over springs or 4.5" OEM style springs). Unless you're going with spring rates over 200 lb. in. the Tokicos provide all the rate you need for a street driven car.

Adding adjustability with threaded collars, adjustable lower spring perches, and cambers plates is wasted money unless you intend to adjust things. If you're the "set it and forget it" kind of alignment/suspension guy, then coil overs are a waste of money.

If you're not going to shorten the struts and are not looking for more then about 1" of drop, then OEM is fine. Keep in mind the car doesn't care where the spring rate comes from (2.5" ID coil over springs or 4.5" OEM style springs). Unless you're going with spring rates over 200 lb. in. the Tokicos provide all the rate you need for a street driven car.

Adding adjustability with threaded collars, adjustable lower spring perches, and cambers plates is wasted money unless you intend to adjust things. If you're the "set it and forget it" kind of alignment/suspension guy, then coil overs are a waste of money.

I'm the: F(A) = "Constantly read up about A, buy A, adjust A, test A, break A, oh I might as well get a new B while I'm at it, then F(B), then finish A" type.

It's recursive, is what I'm saying. In other words, my projects are never finished. Maybe you CS types will understand...

Edited by BLOZ UP