HybridZ

my First Z. 1977 Datsun 280Z

Hey! i'm new to this site, and i was hoping i could get help as i build my Z. When i bought it a couple weeks back, i got it for $1000. and it ran. sweet! my buddy drove it 20 miles, till a fuel line sprung a leak. had it towed the rest of the way. once it was in his garage, (no space at my place yet.) we replaced the fuel lines, cleaned the injectors as best as we could, and drove it a bit. it rattled horribly. come to find out, the drivers front wheel was barely held on. got everything tightened up, and it drives well! then, we pulled off the park bench bumpers, and then replaced the valve cover gasket and cleaned up the head a lil bit. we ran sea-foam through the engine, and changed the oil. it runs well, just a bit of lifter knock. We later found an exhaust leak where the manifold meets the block, and right behind the muffler. have yet to get that changed. to date as of now, it needs the brakes bled, clutch fluid changed, coolant flush, and new tires. I'm fixing the car for my girlfriend to drive, so we've started to deal with the rust. ill put pics up tomorrow of the other areas. i would like to have some tips while i fix the car, and what else to expect. Sorry for the long explanation....i'm new. :P Now, here's some pics! (haven't taken many yet...>.<)

1015001011_0001.jpg

1015001012_0001.jpg

1009001633.jpg

Where it is now....

1016001735_0001.jpg

downsize.jpg

damn rust....

1016001654.jpg

Behind the lower fender....(on the passenger side)

1016001703.jpg

I hope to learn from your experiences with your Z cars, and make mine almost as beautiful as some of yours! :)

If you can help at all, feel free to let me know what to do! im new to all this. Thanks for looking!

Welcome. I have a '77 as well. I bought it a couple months ago and am just about done getting it road ready. I'm more used to Z31s but I'm liking my 77 more and more.

There's quite a bit of info here, feel free to browse all the sticky'd threads in each of the subforums.