HybridZ

camaro clevis for clutch master?

revlis240

Why not just go to an old camaro and get the clevis attachment for the master cylinder from it rather than drilling and tapping the stock one for a different thread? moreover, is it possible to switch the rods of the master cyl? that way you wont have to worry about the length difference nor the thread pitch difference?

Anyone try? Thanks!

Why not just go to an old camaro and get the clevis attachment for the master cylinder from it rather than drilling and tapping the stock one for a different thread? moreover, is it possible to switch the rods of the master cyl? that way you wont have to worry about the length difference nor the thread pitch difference?

Anyone try? Thanks!

The Camaro line has the roll pin connections on both ends, it's a one piece part, not a fitting. And fitting the odd shaped Camaro master so you can then use the Camaro line is much more difficult than the mods to the Camaro slave and using AN fittings and lines. If you're worried about cutting and tapping the plastic slave get one of the aluminum ones now available.

Cutting a little off the rod takes like five minutes with a hacksaw. And the tread pitch difference is truly negligible. The metric nut screws right on the SAE rod. But I think I read that someone here just swapped the rods to the Datsum master and it worked fine. I may be in error though on that last point.

What I did with my tilton master is I just took out the rod and swapped it with the one from the stock master. From what I remember is all you need is a snap ring pliers and thats about it.

do a search in the Gen 1-3 sbc forum for the swap I posted in there with pics of the swap.