HybridZ

`77 hood on the `73 240Z, air dam for me?

Tony240ZT

Some time ago I posted to this thread about the fact that I had a bran new hood that just wouldn't line up. I never did figure out the problem. You guys set me strait on the fact that all of these hoods (240/260/280z) should swap easily, so I finally found a hood out in the junk yard for my semi beat orange 240zt.

I haven't posted picks of the car with the intercooler on it, so this is a first. I think the vents on the `77 hood are nice. I hope to get the car painted after I figure out what other body mods to do, such as flares, and air dam.

quarterdfront.jpg

If someone has some sort of air dam that only needs minor fixing that they'd want to sell please let me know. I'm working on a different set of mirrors, I think I know what I want, definately not happy with what the previous owner's taste.

I think I'll end up painting the bumpers the same color as the body, and filling in the holes, they are very strait, but just need chrome or paint to look nice.

I'm kinda going towards the two tone color theme, with the top half a different color than the mid and bottom. If anyone has some pictures of cars like this I'd like to see them. I think I've seen a silver car with blue top on zdriver.com... I'm kinda thinking like how some of the 240sx's have a black top, early 90's NSX's were like that too. Or maybe some stripes, something to just make it different than the silver car.

If anyone would like to live their paint dream through my car speak now or forever hold your pease. ;)

EVERYTHING is more expencive in the bay area. Lots of people finding other parts of California too expencive are moving here, even people from LA are coming to Bakersfield to get away from the busy-ness and for better priced homes.

My orange car had about 140k miles on it when I bought it, it used to have all matching paint (10 years old), orignal engine/4 speed tranny/SUs, 14x6 wheels. The seats needed to be recovered, and the dash and consol had a couple cracks. But overal the car was a great daily driver. Picked the car up for $1,800 2 years ago.

My silver car was all original, had around 95k miles on it, and was pretty clean from the get go (was painted metailic blue back then, little faded). Bought it from the original owner 6 years ago for $2,700

Both cars had very little rust, but needed suspention work, needed their SUs tuned, and had minor over heating issues in the summer.

I think you can expect to pay around $2,000 for a car that will be driveable right away, needing some tuning, suspention and brake work. Since the cars around here are generally rust free, and if you're willing to put a little work into for say a new clutch, or a blown head gasket job then think cheap.