HybridZ

81 CHTS trouble testing procedures

just bought a new CHTS. the wires itself, that go to the ECU have no resistance. Now the 81 manual, from Xenon, says to disconnect the 16-pin connector. test resistance between pin 23 and ground.

im not getting any reading. i dont understand how the pin should have continuity w/ ground.

any suggestions? comments? thanks

Screw the sensor in. Measure the resistance at the sensor with your multimeter.

Then plug the harness in and measure resistance between pin 23 and ground. The stock sensor has one pin the goes to ground and the other to the ecu. If the value of the second test is way different then the first (as in higher) then you have a corroded/bad connection somewhere.

If it has no resistance you have a short somewhere.

im looking at the wiring diagrams. the yellow/green. is pin 23. it goes directly to ecu. the other wire on the CHTS harness T's with the AFM and then goes to the ecu. i cant understand how it would be getting ground?.

im testing pin 23 and ground, and get no reading.

• 1 month later...

The way the manual from Xenon puts it, makes no damned sense and seems to confuse a lot of people (At least, I have read this same issue before with that test).

It would be like if you took a wire, stuck one pin on the multimeter to one end of the wire, and the other pin to a ground to get a resistance, which you can't

Leave it plugged in, or test it at the sensor.