HybridZ

z32 brakes on 72 240z

I did not want to do this but i couldnt find any info on it. I found some 1990 300zx twin turbo brakes front and rear with rotors. And i wanted to know if it is possible to make them fit on a 240z and if it is possible what will i need to make them fit..like what type of hub and will the 280zx master cylinder work ect... i only found info on the older 300zx brakes. please if you have any info please let me know..

thanks.

Run the z32 lower control arms, run the z32 spindles backwards and machine the steering arm to accept a 240z tie rod or go heim and ream the upper ball joint mount to accept an aftermarket ball joint and run a custom upper control arm. For the T/C rod you are going to have to either re-drill the mounting holes on the LCA, or take the z32 T/C rod mount and mount it to the s30's frame. You will have to spec a coilover setup for the front, but all you would need to do is make tabs on the lower control arm and make a new strut tower.

Fairly easy if you are good at fab work.

i came across this post and on reply 6 there is a picture of z32 calipers but not so much info on spindle and size of spacers or master cyclinder. Just saying that he used z31 hubs

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/87436-240z-to-300zx-5lug-conversion/page__p__831562__hl__%2Bz31+%2Bspindle__fromsearch__1#entry831562

Keep looking there is more info out there. Stony has done the z31 spindle swap. You need the steering knuckle and spindle from a non turbo z31. With some washers the 240z lower ball joint will work. The tie-rod ends will need to be lengthened to work with the new knuckle. You also need hubs from a turbo z31. As far as i know this hub will allow you to use a z32 rotor with the z32 calaper. Im not sure of the proper years that work though. 240z coilovers should fit the non turbo spindles. You will also need some way to adjust caster and camber.

Keep looking there is more info out there. Stony has done the z31 spindle swap. You need the steering knuckle and spindle from a non turbo z31. With some washers the 240z lower ball joint will work. The tie-rod ends will need to be lengthened to work with the new knuckle. You also need hubs from a turbo z31. As far as i know this hub will allow you to use a z32 rotor with the z32 calaper. Im not sure of the proper years that work though. 240z coilovers should fit the non turbo spindles. You will also need some way to adjust caster and camber.

Alright will do.

Thanks for your help! :2thumbs:

• 3 months later...