HybridZ

VQ35de wire harness question

Leeroy

Ok so I'm trying to figure out if the body harness, key ignition w/ key, gas pedal, dash harness, and everything connected to it Will it plug right up to an engine and harness from a different donor 350Z?

I have a VQ35de engine and engine harness and missing everything else. If I get the rest of the stuff from a different donor car (the same car), will it plug right and and run correctly without having to take it to get it reprogrammed at Nissan cause I don't know anyone there? I want to run the stock electronics. Pretty much do a complete changeover minus AC/PS. I really want to do this swap, but this is the only thing holding me back from doing it. I don't want to buy all the stuff and it won't work.

What I think is that the engine and engine harness shouldn't matter because the engine harness is just connecting the engine to the ecu. Also the sensors on the engine should be the same as every other VQ35de engine because if that sensor goes out then you just replace it, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I say this because civics and integras are like that because the engine harnesses are interchangeable if your swapping a v-tec motor with a v-tec motor as long as it's obd1 or obd2 then it should plug right up and work. I do these swaps all the time for people and they pass reff with an ease.

Ok so I guess no one knows... So my new question is...Will an engine harness, body harness, key ignition w/ key, gas pedal, dash harness, and everything connected to it from any year donor 350Z plug up and work on correctly on a '05 350z engine? All parts from one donor car.

I inspected my engine wire harness and a few plugs were clipped off and a few split wires. So I'm missing them so I thought I might as well just buy a new used engine harness.

Please someone let me know if this will work, so I can begin the swap or not. Thanks...

Yeah I called a Nissan dismantler and he said most of the parts are interchangeable, but I'm not sure if he actually knows what he's talking about. I'm waiting on some of my cousin's friends that are nissan techs and they've learned all about the NATS. So we'll see what happens. I'm still trying to see if the engine is still good because it's been sitting in my brother in laws garage for almost 2 years. Need to do a compression test, if I can because the engine is out of the car.

Ok so because the motor has been sitting for a while. It used to crank normally, but it will only crank over about 1 full turn now. It kind of sounds like it's hitting something or hitting the valves. I'm not sure. When one of the piston is almost to the top, the valves are still slightly open. Should it do that? Anyone with an idea why it won't crank over. If the motor isn't good anymore then I'm not going to do the swap.

Well that doesn't sound right. The good side is that if it cranked before it's probably okay, the bad is that the timing might be way off. Really you should have someone who knows these engines look at the engine, they can then check the timing and assess comression etc. I'd say if you aren't going to do the swap, that you should send the motor to me so I can learn to rebuild them. I assume you were cranking the motor over by hand on the crank with a wrench or something? Which way were you turning it? Clockwise? counter clockwise?

oh! sorry for the doublepost. As for the Harnesses. There's 3 different harnesses for the VQ35 engines. The 03-04 engines all use parts and harnesses that start with CD-xxx... the 05-06 revup had a CF-xxx part numbers and the 07-08 HR engines all use JK-xxx This would help a bit in trying to ID some of the parts you may be looking for for your particular engine. Infinity G35 harnesses are similar but use different designations, but use the same VQ35 engine.