HybridZ

Wiring Diagrams/Electrical

Quetzalcoatl71Z

I was wondering if there was some way to obtain wiring diagrams that are better than the Haynes manual ones. I have a 71 240Z with a 2.6L, and a 5 speed M/T. A few reasons I want better wiring diagrams are because, 1: The head unit (aftermarket) is supposed to be working when I bought the car, and it doesn't; 2: The automatic door locks/alarm thing on my key chain is supposed to work, and it doesn't either; and 3: peace of mind. I can read wring diagrams just fine, but I feel that the Haynes is lacking somehow. Any ideas? Thanks

The haynes is very simplistic, more like a pictoral diagram than an actual one (and my wires are all different colors than what it says) but if you work through it enough it should get you to the same conclusion. The only thing that really bothered me was when a wire goes to a "combo unit" or something like that. Like on the speedo, the wires that go to it don't even look like they actually do anything according to that diagram. I haven't found anything better though. The wiring of the car is almost simple enough just to figure it out without a diagram, no? The hardest part is actually finding the wires. For aftermarket stuff like door locks, you'd need the installation manual for that unit anyway. Wish I could be more help.

The atlanticz site has a variety of full and partial diagrams. http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/electrical.htm

Edit - The FSM diagrams in the downloadable FSMs from xenons30 are pretty good also. 1972 is the earliest available though. http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

Edited by NewZed

Hey thanks a lot for the quick responses! I really appreciate all that. All the info seems very good! I can't seem to get the radio out tho. i took out the 2 bolts in the back that are attached to the bracket... But how do I get the whole center console and heater control areas out of location? Appreciate it all! and I did a few searches about this already and came up with nothing. It feels like I got everything loose, but when I pull, it feels like I might just break the plastic pieces...