HybridZ

short nose diff in an S130

ovenfood

is there anyone who has fitted a short nose R200 or similar to a S130? i have been searching all over for someone who has and now my brain hurts :P

i was going to make up a bracket similar to what they do to the S30 but obviously our diff mounting is different, i can see this could be a challenge and if anyone who has done it has any tips that would be great :>

This past summer I got a shortnose R200vlsd out of a 90 300zx na with plans to adapt it to my 82 280zx. After hours of searching I found the best way for me to acomplish this was to keep my longnose r200 housing with it's ring and pinion gears and install the vlsd into the longnose case.

Here is a link to a great writ-up on different ways to acomplish what I'm talking about.

link

For me this seemed like a better solution than adapting the shortnose case to my crossmember keeping it a bolt on project except the axles which you'll have to figure out either way you go.

My link

Hope this helps. Mark.

this car is my mates and it is going to be entering drift competitions and as you can imagine when your at a multi day meet far from home and you break something custom not only do you have to find someone to help fix the problem but as its normally a weekend it is big dollars to get your car working for the next day.

so with that in mind its best to run as many common to find / easy to replace parts, i would have installed the R33 rear cradle but time is playing a big key and this is much less of an under-taking :>

on my own car that wont be pushed as hard i most likely will just swap centers but this isn't just a comfy run around, this car is going to cop a lot of pain :<

also whats wrong with being different :P tee hee

Being different is what I love about this site.

I've also searched a bunch and haven't found anyone thats put a shortnose diff in an s130 without a full suspension swap.

What's your plan for custom/hybrid axles to make it work or will the stock cv's mate with the cusco clsd?

p.s. Great build so far. Looking forward to updates on it's progress.