HybridZ

Help re ignition switch wires

ritrebor

Steering lock switch?

ritrebor

No, The steering lock switch isn't Electrical its Mechanical, When you put the key in the lock position it releases a small metal block and when you turn the steering wheel into the right position the metal block slides into the steering column. When you turn the key from the lock position it slides the metal block back out and un locks your steering wheel.

ON the AtlanticZ wiring diagram it shows an Steering lock switch that is connected to a relay. 2 wires coming out of it. Right above the combination switch diagram. Was thinking it also could be a key warning switch but couldn't find it on the diagram.??

3chev

ON the AtlanticZ wiring diagram it shows an Steering lock switch that is connected to a relay. 2 wires coming out of it. Right above the combination switch diagram. Was thinking it also could be a key warning switch but couldn't find it on the diagram.??

3chev

Sorry, I didn't notice that. I guess the later Z's were a bit different, I traced the diagram and it looks like the ground for the steering lock switch goes to the Door switch then to the ground and and it runs into a power line from the Hazard lights relay. So the steering lock switch is activated or turned off when the door is closed or opened. I would guess that the Steering lock switch just looks like a small relay under the dash. I think those wires go to the ignition relay. The only blue and red wire coming from the Ignition in the diagram goes to the Ignition relay.

Edited by 19762802+2

• 2 weeks later...