HybridZ

Installing R32 gtst Nismo LSD into 280Z R200

Matt K

I've done some searching, but just want to confirm that in order to use this short nose R200 LSD (R32 GTST Nismo CLSD, not VLSD) in my '78 280Z with longnose R200, I only require the spacers for the 12 to 10mm bolts My link? Everything else is good to go, since the '78 is an original R200 car, right? Nothing else needs to be swapped or modified, so long as I'm only installing the diff itself?

This is new to me, so please don't flame me too bad...I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

So the 280Z has 27 spline stub shafts...and most of the short nose R200 LSDs are 29? So basically, I'd need Z31 Turbo stub shafts (& adapters?)...ugh!

Huh? Stub shafts don't really matter with what diff you're putting in it (you need the right output companion flanges for it, but they have no bearing on what diff you have in it).

All of our R200 long nose, save for the R200V out of the 88SS are 29 spline. The R32, most S1x chassis cars, the Q-ship, the Z32, and most other short nose R200's are 30 spline.

.... If only this was in a sticky somewhere....