HybridZ

L28 Turbo (L28ET) or VG30 Turbo (VG30ET) Engine Transplant

The L28 is a direct bolt in. Your HP goals are very modest(& practical of a fast daily driver). Have you ever swapped a non stock motor? Lots of work and details to work out. It is very easy for others to tell you what they think you should or should not due. I can't believe that installing a VG would be cheaper than a L28. Your time must be worth something? Just my .02 . If you alreading have the VG that's a different story all together. If that's what you want go for it. It sounds like a cool mod. Good luck. :)

This is true with the L28 it is a nearly a direct bolt in if you have a factory L28ET with wiring harness unfortunately I only have a L28 NA (should of said that in my first post) and that was why it was on the list of engine swaps my only concern with the L28 is I would need to convert it from NA to a turbo and I don't have any of the parts to do this (L28ET where not a option here in Australia) but I could always rob the turbo and ecu setup from the VG and bolt all that on which could end up being harder to do and end up little bit messy.

This will be my first engine transplant but have been involved with a couple of others so fingers crossed it all goes pretty well

Yes I have the VG and one of the issues that I had with the L28 NA is its not going to be a factory turbo set up where the VG is.

To do a carbie set up to EFI engine transplant either L28 or VG I would still need to:

make a surge tank and add fuel pumps

relay and fuse for fuel pumps etc

fuel lines and filters

modify the exhaust

engine mounts - only required for VG30ET

modify/move alternator bracket - only required for VG30ET

oil filter change size or remote mount - only required for VG30ET

extras I'm going to do

intercooler

radiator upgrade possibly

twin electric fans for radiator

brake upgrade

oil cooler

drive shaft modification

R200 Diff and Z31 drive shafts

5 stud conversion

I'm guessing that I have missed a few/lots of other things guess will find out when I get there :-).