HybridZ

Inner Hatch Weatherstrip

Well tried to order an inner hatch weather strip "body to hatch" from MSA and once again they advertised they had it in stock and didn't. So now I get to cancel that, weird they didn't and expected me to wait "about a year" until they get them in stock. Yes they actually told me to wait a year and my payment is on hold until then. Whatever lol

So now I am here trying to find an alternative for a maximum of $80.00. That hurts just saying that. I have been looking at jcwhitney for some but not sure if they will work. Help me out if you have found something that has worked for you.

Well tried to order an inner hatch weather strip "body to hatch" from MSA and once again they advertised they had it in stock and didn't. So now I get to cancel that, weird they didn't and expected me to wait "about a year" until they get them in stock. Yes they actually told me to wait a year and my payment is on hold until then. Whatever lol

So now I am here trying to find an alternative for a maximum of $80.00. That hurts just saying that. I have been looking at jcwhitney for some but not sure if they will work. Help me out if you have found something that has worked for you.

I had a similar experience. I ordered the hatch seals and the tail light gaskets. One of the seals was not going to be in stock for 6 months. They were going to wait until the order was complete before shipping? WTF!!

I have ordered many times from them both before and after this and have received my parts witin days. Iwould still recommend them.

There is a Kia weatherstrip that fits. You can search www.classiczcars.com and find it easily. I thought I was going to be the trail blazer by going to door weatherstrips, but apparently others have done it and it works fine. I think the door type weather strip is better. My original glued on hatch strip, and the replacement I bought, were always falling off.