HybridZ

RB26 intake manifold on RB20

R3VO 3VOM

Hey guys,

I thought this would be the appropriate place to put this. I was just wondering if there was any other members who have interest in this swap as well.

I ordered the RB26 ITB's and the intake plenum from Raw Brokerage and am planning to follow a buildup similar to the one seen here:

http://az240sx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=43593

I was just wondering if there was any following in this because I will need some help with the plumbing; this will be new for me.

But more importantly, I was wondering if anyone would have interest in the flanges so they can do this swap themselves. The company I work for is a water-jet business, so cutting these flanges is quite easy. While they are cutting mine, (they'll be out of a high quality aluminum; so unless you know how to weld aluminum, I would take it to a pro-shop like I'm going to do) I was wondering if I should tell them to cut another few sets for you fellow members of HybridZ.

Of course they won't be free, but I don't have an idea on price at the moment. We are currently working on the pattern and porting. Just let me know what you think.

I plan to post pictures of my own chronicling the build. Should be a way to increase throttle response for around $700, shorten the turbo to intake piping and pick-up a few horses in the process.

Thanks

Your right. But the idea behind it is to take out that nasty 180 degree turn that routes it over the top of the engine. My thinking is that the longer intake runner will be canceled by the simplified route. With this, I'm not planning to pick-up 100hp or anything (would be awesome if I could though! Ha), but it's to just simplify the air route later on when I start touching the 400hp numbers.

I remember hearing a long time ago (I considered doing this) about a Japanese magazine that did the 26 itb plenum swap to either a 20 or a 25 and tested it and it actually lost power.

Jun used to supply a bracket for putting it on if I remember.

I don't think the 90 degree bend affects it much. The stock 20 and 25 plenum actually flows pretty well. You'll probably see a little bit better throttle response.

Most people do the plenum for asthetic reasons or to fit a bigger top mounted turbo with a lot less fuss.

Edited by jakeoster