HybridZ

rb25 mckinney mounts kit

Z31TURBODRAY

I will most likely be doin the rb25 swap unless I can find somethin cheaper,mckinney makes the mount kit but it really cant be that easy right? is it just a direct bolt on kit and I can have my motor and tranny bolted up no problem? or do the mounts just make it easier and less custom work? am I still gonna have to do a few mods for it to fit perfectly? if thats the case then ill just have the mounts done at a shop and maybe it would be cheaper than mckinney? thanks guys

I will most likely be doin the rb25 swap unless I can find somethin cheaper,mckinney makes the mount kit but it really cant be that easy right? is it just a direct bolt on kit and I can have my motor and tranny bolted up no problem? or do the mounts just make it easier and less custom work? am I still gonna have to do a few mods for it to fit perfectly? if thats the case then ill just have the mounts done at a shop and maybe it would be cheaper than mckinney? thanks guys

There are a lot of critical angles that need to be considered when you stuff a powertrain into a car. If you are not sure "how easy it is", then it probably is not. Buy from someone who already has it figured out. It is still not that simple, however. Likewise, the SR swap is cheaper than the RB swap. Keep reading and learning before you pull the trigger.

Maybe go with an L28et? That's more or less "made for the car" and is considerably cheaper. You'll see some good gains as well.

As for the RB this forum has all the info you need, please search before posting though as this is a very standard question.

Not trying to be a jerk or nuthin as we all started somewhere, but your posts so far seem to indicate that your not as confident in your abilities as you should be when undertaking such a project. Like a few others have said, give it some thought before diving in.

Edited by jakeoster