HybridZ

Spintech mufflers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

these people make the mufflers that we all dream of for ground clearance.

does anyone here have one of these? I really want to hear one before I spend $180 on it. The one I want is a 3" dual in and out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $179.50

Online Price: $174.50

Inlet Size: 3 Inch oval Dual

Outlet Size: 3 Inch oval Dual

Case Size: 3 X 14 X 18

Description:

For the ultimate Hot Rod Enthusiast where ground clearance is an issue. Our oval series mufflers give you the added clearance you need without any sacrifice in performance. This is an excellent street muffler, with ultra performance looks. Description

www.spintechmufflers.com

Guest nosz350

why are you going to use that style of muffler?? i've order a set of 4x6x12 pro street 69.95. my buddy has a set on his vette and they sound great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

they sell the oval tubing also.

I think they come in 40" sections.

I just go on the priciple of the more ground clearance the better. I don't want anything hanging down further than it has to.

Guest super280z

Dynomax makes a great round race muffler. its 53.99 from summit delivered to your door.

I've heard these ( the spintech's) on soma R/T dakota's and they sound awesome. approx 9.2:1 CR. basicly an overpriced flowmaster.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Super280z ]

Guest super280z

ross,

the # for that ultra-flow round is WLK-17223

Part Detail

this is what i ordered for my car. and im sorry its 59.99 (so i was wrong!).it is actually to short! for the price and looks i had to get one. now how can i get another one under there... icon_biggrin.gif

aha! found what I wanted...scroll down

Thanks for the PN, I can get that local for same price so that was good, however more thanks for the part detail, says it has fiberglass in it?? I want a straight thru race muffler as I have concerns with that fiberglass not flowing so hot and our climate would rust/rot out that fibreglass in an accelerated fashion I'm guessing.

"all aluminized materials for a long life. They also use continuos Roving fiberglass for maximum sound control."

not so all-aluminized in considering the fibreglass icon_confused.gif

I'm looking to use it as a large bottle/resonator in line with a 2nd muffler.

Aha, here's more what I want up front inline.

Straight thru, <$40US NO stuffing.

Full race muffler description/pics/specs.

WLK-24215_m.jpg

4 in. round, 3 in. inlet/outlet, 23 1/4 in. in length, that should fit as easy as anything else.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Ross C ]

Guest super280z

Ross,

there is no way that the phiberglass heating in these things will have any effect on the flow numbers. i dont know if you've ever seen one of these things but its literally a piece of 3" pipe with some fiberglass packed around it. i honestly cant see it's use beyond a simple resonator.

thats why i like em so much. icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Guys, Im using duel spintechs. Yes they do sound somewhat like a flowmaster but the clearance issues with flowmaster suck.

Spintechs can be had that are no thicker than the pipe your using mine are the same as my pipe I believe thats 16x9x2 1/2. Flowmasters are 18x9x4 1/2 if im not mistaken. I like the fact that they fit right under my car with no fancy cutting, fabbing yadda yadda. I paid 120 each and I believe 18 bucks shipping to Texas. Not bad imo. Mike

Opinion wantee - I've got what looks like a straight through pipe with 'glass around it now from Sebring. It looks maavelous! However it's louder than I wish.

My muffler guy left room for dual mufflers under the car. Would the Spintechs, in conjunction with the muffler I've already got, be good enough to quiet down the car? I'm looking for more rumble, much less roar. I'd like it to be a little less obvious to bystanders when I pull up that I've got a V8 and be able to hear the motor over the exhaust.

What do you think guys? icon_confused.gif

Guest Anonymous

So would this (click me) be just like a Spintech? Also, is this particular muffler (the one I linked to at Jegs) recommended? I wanna get one for my Z when I get it running.....I even have a cool V8 emblem from a 1970 Dodge Challanger for my Z when I get it running icon_razz.gif

Jim, The spintechs I have are comparable to flowmaster two to three chamber, nice rumble but nothing obnoxious. I would say quietter than flowmaster two chambers fit under car with no problems. I have had friends with clearance issues tare up flowmasters that sat too low. One has a Tiger v8 and is going to switch as he has munched two sets of flows over last couple of years. Mike

ZFan, I'm just wondering if it'll be neough in conjunction with the muffler I've already got. The Sebring is a SWEET muffler that I don't intend to remove but I'd like to get it a little quieter is all. 2 chamber flo's are obnoxiious but 3's in conjuntionc with the Sebring might be good. I'll peruse their WEB site a bit and see if they've got anything that might easily fit under my car icon_smile.gif Ground clearance is something I certainly want to keep! icon_razz.gif

Scott, Where is Cedar Hill? Is it far from Plano? Not to computer savy but will ask the mistress of the house if we can, if not your welcome to come by anytime.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

James.......I was trying to find testimony on those moroso spiral flows a while back and no one spoke up. I called moroso and when the rep. was throwing out dB levels...the spiral flow was comparitavly louder and paper.

Guest Anonymous

Hey RPMS......if you have the tools and you get to visit with Zfan could you record an audio clip for me to hear?

That would be awsome!

jake icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by zfan:

Hey Guys, Im using duel spintechs. Yes they do sound somewhat like a flowmaster but the clearance issues with flowmaster suck

Is there any way you could record how your car sounds so I could hear it? I've heard SpinTechs on a Dodge R/T, but that's a completely different animal than a Z. Plenty of room under there for big honkin' pipes, don't ya know.

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: RPMS ]