HybridZ

240 Z total new rewire relay relay base flashers

zgeezer

I stripped my Series 240Z to metal and pulled all wire looms except for loom to the back tail lights, side lights, and fuel pump. I will rewire from scratch using an older Ron Francis Long Wires fuse box and package. It has one relay wired for a fuel pump. However, I wish to use relays for my lights, fog lights, driving lights, a/c compressor clutch, and Taurus speed fan. Has anyone here rewired using OE relays and "relay Base" from an existing vehicle? If so, what did you use and where did you mount it? I have seen a number of relay boxes from Toyotas that are complete with modern fuses, several flashers, and a number of relays with the circuits they serve cleanly identified. But, they do not appear to use a standard "Bosche" terminal patterns.

G

I rewired my entire 280Z with the wiring harness from a 2002 Trans AM. After spending 20 or so hours identifying all the circuits, I installed all the engine compartment harness relays/fuses on the drivers side, mounted either side of the strut tower. The interior fuse block is mounter under the steering column. The PCM is installed under hood and the Body Control Module is under dash passenger side.

I stripped my Series 240Z to metal and pulled all wire looms except for loom to the back tail lights, side lights, and fuel pump. I will rewire from scratch using an older Ron Francis Long Wires fuse box and package. It has one relay wired for a fuel pump. However, I wish to use relays for my lights, fog lights, driving lights, a/c compressor clutch, and Taurus speed fan. Has anyone here rewired using OE relays and "relay Base" from an existing vehicle? If so, what did you use and where did you mount it? I have seen a number of relay boxes from Toyotas that are complete with modern fuses, several flashers, and a number of relays with the circuits they serve cleanly identified. But, they do not appear to use a standard "Bosche" terminal patterns.

G

post-1213-040140700 1294020564_thumb.jpg

I rewired my entire 280Z with the wiring harness from a 2002 Trans AM. After spending 20 or so hours identifying all the circuits, I installed all the engine compartment harness relays/fuses on the drivers side, mounted either side of the strut tower. The interior fuse block is mounter under the steering column. The PCM is installed under hood and the Body Control Module is under dash passenger side.

Thanks, just what I needed.

G:D