HybridZ

spare tire

i purshace a 1977 280z,and it did not come with a spare tire ,any one know where i could found one ,or is there a diferent tire that could fit in the back wheel, just in case i get a flat.Any information are welcome.this is my first datsun and i am trying to learn as i go.

Thank you for your help.SERGE

Well the junkyard is a pretty easy place to locate a spare. Just measure the well and then go trunk hopping and see what you can find with the right bolt pattern. You don't have to go with an inflatable spare, pretty much any doughnut will work so long as the size is close. A couple notes on why most doughnut spares aren't rated for highway speed:

A. because the rubber isn't rated very high, and being rounded is doesn't track so well.

B. With two different sized rear tires, your Differential will be working extra hard and could heat up and fail.

I have the spare tire from my 77 280z if youre interested. Shipping would be from 20112. I also have can of air from my 71 240 to fill it up with. Seriously though, let me know if you want it.

thank you for responding,i am not showing the car,and alot of poeples do not recommend to use a spare tire that is so old,it is not safe as some of them say i am just trying to see if some one will know what size rim and tire i should buy to fit in my well in the rear trunk.

thank you if you can help.

regards

serge