HybridZ

new Master Clutch fittment adapter question

I just bought a new master clutch from Johns Cars along with the driveshaft. When I looked at the master cylinder there were not 2 bolts or a section that would mount to the firewall. I called John and he explained that there is a square that twist locks. I can see that now. I am suppose to make a couple small notches into the firewall so that the square part can slide in where the circle is, then twist to lock it in place. Has anyone done this? I was googling for some kind of square to 2 bolt adapter, but I didn't see anything. Any suggestions?

masterclutch1.jpg

I'm not sure how that part is supposed to work on a Z car without some fab work. If I buy a part from a vendor like that I expect it to be a bolt on deal. I would bet you have the wrong part. If that is the right part, I'd send it back and buy a tilton master cyclinder.

I sent it back to JCI for a refund. I started looking at the different connections and I don't see anywhere how people got the line to a quick connect on the T56. Where can I get that part? anyone know? I found this, anyone know if this wouldn't work? clutch lines

Edited by smoorenc

• 3 years later...

i used fact. nissan master cylinder on my 83 280zx turbo with ls1 and t56 . bought clutch line from speedway and fitting from summit racing .

Domzs, what fittings and adapters did you purchase? I have a 83zx MC sitting around also. So I was curious if you could let me know what it is you used from ls1/t56 to your 83zx? I'm putting this into my 75 280z