HybridZ

DOOR NIGHTMARE! - in need of some assistance

Guest tom sixbey

Guest tom sixbey

recently i bought some 280z interior door panels for my 240 (assuming that datsun wouldnt bother to change the door structure from 70-78 - which they did!). Now i've got beautiful 280z door panels that wont fit my 240 doors - which are themselves in need of a complete rebuild.

My question is - can 280z doors fit onto a 240z. - will the hinges and latches line up?

My intention is to use 280z doors so that i can use the new 280z door panels that i bought and possibly avoid rebuilding and replacing the window and door latch components (which is the real nightmare!).

Bad news Tom, the hinges will line up and the doors are physicaly the same size but the latching mechanism is different. I have seen people change the latching mechanism but it seemed to me to be somewhat labor intinsive and not worth the effort. Also the 280 doors weigh about 40lbs each more than the 240 doors.

Dragonfly

Guest tom sixbey

thanks for the info dragonfly - you've just brought up another possibility though - are the 260 doors the same as the 240's, or are they also different?

Guest tom sixbey

AWESOME - thanks dragonfly.. i know this sounds stupid, but i'm swapping doors just so that i can have those cool diagonal stripe 260/280 inner door panels... thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dragonfly:

The doors from a 260 and 240 are completely interchangeable and if you have access to 260 doors they should work fine for you.

Dragonfly

ALL 260 doors? Don't the later, big bumper ones have the same door latch as the 280's?