HybridZ

Lost communication with MegaStim after firmware update

AtlantaZ

Gentlemen,

I had a perfectly good MS2 V3.0 ECU that I wanted to update. But after flashing to the latest firmware, my MegaStim board doesn't generate any response from the onscreen gauges. TunerStudio correctly detects the firmware that I uploaded to the board when I start a new project. Once the project loads, RPM jumps to 65001, and the "Config errror" and "Not synced" boxes are lit at the bottom of the TunerStudio display.

Any ideas?

Have you tried reflashing it? I had all kinds of problems, that were solved by:

Powering up the MS without the serial cable attached, then attaching it after the MS has power.

Enabling the debug and send delay options.

This is for MS2-Extra, 2.1.xxx though.

The firmware loading works fine. Things just break down when I try to connect to tuning software!! But I am trying a reflash back to 2.1.0 to see if that helps. I also want to blame my cheapo Belkin USB-to-serial adapter, as it seems to only want to work about half of the time. I realized just yesterday that out of my four computers, I have NO serial ports! So I'm stuck using these cheap adapters...

I think it was the glaring and clever insults that finally convinced the ECU to start working again. Honestly, I think it's my serial-to-USB adapter. It's a cheapo Belkin and takes almost an hour to transfer the firmware update, and it periodically drops the data connection. I'm just happy that the software is up, running, and waiting for me to configure the settings.

Thanks for the tip. I also finally found the section of the Megamanual that walks the user through the recommended base settings. I'm just guessing, but I bet that the part I'll have the most trouble with is the cranking/warmup settings. I don't know much about idle air control or the cold start injection system on our cars, but I'd very much like to keep the car cranking and idling as well as it does now. Even in 20 degree weather, it starts on the first crank and purrs like a kitten - with a 33 year old engine in it!