HybridZ

Help! Can you identify this front end???

spudly13

Im pretty sure that this flare airdam configuration was probally done custom but im looking to do something similar... If you know where he got it or what parts he used to make it any input would be great. Or meybe some other ideas and tips.

Thanks so much,

Casey

More pictures http://zelastchancegaragedu78.blogspot.com/2010/04/mighty-datsun.html

post-13401-041503000 1294871402_thumb.jpg

These should get you started:

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/357364/blog/14350284/

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/357364/blog/14995989/

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/357364/blog/14941352/

Ninja edit: they started with Wide ZG flares, added on to them and molded it to a widened front valance (like you could get from msa)

Edited by jdizzy204

Thanks for the help guys. Seeing those pictures really helped me figure out how im gunna go about doing this. Even tho it was in japanese haha.

I think im going to use this air dam

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7AD1/50-1439

And ZG wide flares And get it all molded into the desired look. (my flares will completely molded into the car, no bolt holes or seam)

What do you guys think?

Thanks again

That looks pretty good. In the end i think i want wider flares and was going to modify whatever flares i ended up with but if it looked that clean in the end i would be happy.

How hard was it to mold the airdam into the flares?

And do you have any pictures of that process?

Thanks

Zg's are flares. Subtle z are FENDERS... they completely replace the front fenders with a fender that is 1.5" wider than stock on each side.

Zg's flares add 1.5" to each side as well. Knowing this unless you went with the "BAMF ZG" flares that are wider jdm ones... it would probably be better just to use subtle z fenders. Wouldnt have to cover any screw holes or mold into the stock fender as it has already been done and is the same width.

A 3rd piece was needed additional to the front fenders that went by the front wheels that flares the farthest ends of the airdam out to meet the widened subtle z fenders.

As far as the process, You can see photos of the installation of the front kit on my cardomain in its rougher phases.

Am I happy with it? **** yeah! I never liked the "bolt on" look of zg flares and perferred the smoother aero look. Also those pictures of the car on my cardomain are at stock height. I have since lowered the car and it looks a whole lot better and acually looks alittle wider. The car is currently back in the body shop having all the imperfections taken out of the paint/body work and i am redoing the rear fenders to match the front with subtle z rears.

As far as extremely wide fenders... is this a street car or race car? Im not sure if I would go that wide/aggressive on a street/daily driven car. I think the subtle z is a good median. Its noticably wider than stock but not excessivly wide... I just like how from the back looking toward the front it doesnt look that wide but if you look in front of the car directly at the airdam it looks noticably wider.

I also went with msa type 3 side skirts to "edge off" the sides like the front is... I have always found most rear skirts to be to excessive (ricerish looking IMO) so i never installed one.

This is all IMO of course but I tend to be very picky...

Heres a good picture displaying the width...

32184010113_large.jpg

Edited by B00STDZ

Ya i do really like that look. The cars gunna be a fair weather driver and will have a full cage... i plan on tracking it a little bit. Thats the main reason i was looking at wider flares.. to help cover up a really wide tire (tt 350 = lots of power and little traction).

Ya i do really like that look. The cars gunna be a fair weather driver and will have a full cage... i plan on tracking it a little bit. Thats the main reason i was looking at wider flares.. to help cover up a really wide tire (tt 350 = lots of power and little traction).

I think theres a guy on here that was able to fit a 10.5" wide tire on stock width fenders/coilovers.

Doing the math that would mean these fenders would accept 12" wide tires...

Im gunna look into those fenders a little bit more. There sorta spendy but it would make my life a whole lot easier when it came to all that body work. Thanks a lot for the help!!! 12in tires would be amazing to get stuffed under my car. i still havent fully decided what type of tire to go with quite yet. I was thinking slicks for awhile but then the car would be no fun to drive except in a straight line.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...