HybridZ

Ls1 - t56 master cyl options

I recently lost my master cylinder at a local time attack event (cant complain, 3 years of service in the car). I was running Wilwood part number 260-5920 (. 813 bore - link )and have had no issues until now. The fluid was always black in however (dont know what that means to be honest, but I have heard others have had this same issues).

Anyway, now that im coming to replace the master again im wondering if i should going to a bigger inner bore (1 inch - link) would give me any kind of benefit? Or should I stick to the one I was using.

Pedal feel was always soft (stock clutch) and I dont really mind it. Opinions, theories, experiences welcome.

Any ideas? Shouldn't increasing the bore size make the life of the master cyl longer? I mean, its not being used as hard? Thats a complete guess. Just thinking out loud. Any help is appreciated.

I would like to eventually cam the motor, get a lightweight flywheel and better clutch so Id like whatever upgrade I do to last those modifications.

I would stick with what you have. If you use a 1" the pedal will be harder and it might move the slave too far unless you make a pedal stop inside the car. A 1" won't last any longer given the same design. You will like the .813" over a 1" master once you have a stiffer pressure plate too.

• Administrators

I ran a 1" MC on my '95 T56 for a good while. Didn't mind it one bit. Do you need it? No, plenty of people use smaller. If you want a little quicker engagement and don't mind the extra effort, it works.

Now for my plug... I've still got the Tilton 1" I bought for my M conversion. Removed it a week after I installed it... definitely too big for that drivetrain. It has zero miles on it. You can have it for $50.00 shipped.