HybridZ

In need of some marketing advice

Tempered

Hello everyone. I am looking for some advice on how best to approach selling my Z project(s). This is definitely not an advertisement.

I had bought a late model 260z a couple of years ago and went into it, upgrading all of the suspension, new interior, stereo, fancy wheels and tires. I build a v8 from the ground up and started the full JTR kit finishing to the point of only needing wiring. At some point the body/frame of the car crossed my mind as being too rusty. I was able to get a hold of a clean rust free early 260 and just started the process of transferring everything over.

As life would have it, I am too busy with work, a bigger family and just not enough time to undertake a project like this. I have too much money invested in these and will definitely take a loss on some of my investments. My biggest question is as how I should go about selling this stuff. I thought that maybe selling it all in one package would get the biggest bang for my buck. I mean I have everything, extra parts new parts for a hybrid. However, I have way too much money in the motor and perhaps my best bet would be to just hold on to it.

So I am just seeking advice on what would be the best approach. I could sell both cars with all parts as one or would parting out be better. Parting out would be a bit harder as my schedule is always busy. I could slap everything on the cleaner car. I am not really sure how to do this. Am I asking a question that has no real good answer because the buyer would dictate how I should approach this?

Anyhow, I appreciate anyone who can give me some insight on the best way of going about this. Thanks.

Edited by Tempered

You'll get more of your money selling it part by part, or in related parts groups.

If you can find a buyer for all of it, that might be the best way to go, since it would save you a lot of time. However, it's hard to find someone that would do things exactly the same way you were planning, so finding that one buyer is hard.

I would list it all together at once, and if it doesn't sell, start breaking it up into individual pieces / lots.

Another option would be to not transfer the things over to the clean shell, and sell one project car and one shell. You might be too far along to make that route practical though.

Thanks for the good advice. I'll try to sell it as a whole and then will work my way to parts. I know it is a tedious job to part out and I don't look forward to it, but I am sure thats what will end up happening.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...