HybridZ

RB Exhaust Stud Replacment

KyleG

For all those with broken exhaust studs on their RB25's, Ive discovered that the Mark III supra (1986–1992) uses identical studs. The Toyota part number is 90116-10025, and Dorman also makes them, part number 03105. Im not sure how they'd fit on the other RB engines. Hopefully someone finds this info useful, as it took me a good two weeks to track down some to fit my engine.

Nissan Makes an upgraded replacement stud...I ordered a set through Nismoparts.com aka Titus Motor Group Nissan.

The originals were to brittle if that is the correct word and could not deal with the expansion and contraction without shattering them. The term used to describe them to me was "to hard".

The replacement studs are a tad bit softer and I have not had any problems after replacing the full set.

The 4 front studs and the rear most stud tends to be the ones most affected by shape of the manifold and stresses applied.

Knowing this would you still recommend a replacement stud for this critical part? Changing those studs is a pain so using parts that will fail again in short order would suck.

That said I would love to see what kind of success you end up having with the Toyota part as the situation is similar. When you have some serious miles on a set of those would you please report back?

Edited by rayaapp2

When I pulled my exhaust manifold off, I discovered I had two snapped studs. Ive heard about the new softer studs from Nissan, but honestly I couldn't find any. Nismoparts has been out of stock for a couple of weeks, and anyone selling them on ebay wanted 40$+ to ship to Canada. The typical Nissan dealers in my area didn't have any that would fit, so this was pretty much my only option.

Im not quite sure what your asking (would i recommend replacing them). If you mean would i swap intact stock Nissan ones for Toyota ones? then no, I'm really not sure if there any better. But if their broken and you cant locate a Nissan replacement, then these will at least get you going.

As for an update, I'd be happy to let you know how they hold up, but more than likely it will be 6+ months down the road before my car is drivable.

Nissan Makes an upgraded replacement stud...I ordered a set through Nismoparts.com aka Titus Motor Group Nissan.

The originals were to brittle if that is the correct word and could not deal with the expansion and contraction without shattering them. The term used to describe them to me was "to hard".

The replacement studs are a tad bit softer and I have not had any problems after replacing the full set.

The 4 front studs and the rear most stud tends to be the ones most affected by shape of the manifold and stresses applied.

Knowing this would you still recommend a replacement stud for this critical part? Changing those studs is a pain so using parts that will fail again in short order would suck.

That said I would love to see what kind of success you end up having with the Toyota part as the situation is similar. When you have some serious miles on a set of those would you please report back?

I hadnt realized that Nissan was out of stock on these studs... lame :(

I was just stating that there was a lot of engineering and a part that fits may not be right so its hard to recommend using the part without some trial and error or full out testing. And thats why I went on to ask about getting back to us with your findings.

Im not always the best at laying down my thoughts to paper... Im not much better in person :D