HybridZ

Line-lock / Roll-control

I searched for a thread on this and can't seem to find one. This is for drag racers or folks who just like to burn tires. Here are some pictures of my line-lock roll-control system on my 72 240z. I use it primarily to control movement of the car in the burn-out pit. Car has manual trans. I got the Hurst system from Jegs on-line. The system is actuated by pushing hard on the brakes, then pushing a momentary switch on my shifter handle; this locks fluid pressure in front brake lines. I can then release the brake pedal and do my burn-out. Release the button and the brakes again work normally. Little light on dash tells me system is engaged. Pics attached. Open to questions. Looking for in-put on how to install a 2-step rev limiter for LS2/T56.

post-5903-025777100 1295761400_thumb.jpg

post-5903-098711500 1295761441_thumb.jpg

post-5903-017435600 1295761485_thumb.jpg

post-5903-018795300 1295761679_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have relocated solenoid onto firewall while I was doing my LS2 conversion. Turns out I had incorrect nuts on the end of my brake lines. The Hurst solenoid body uses 1/8" NPT, while the SAE nut (red in my pics) is a SAE 3/16 line nut (I think the SAE thread pitch is 3/8X24); the metric line nut is 10mmX1.0 thread pitch. I did not have any leakage in 1 year of use, but I contacted the Hurst website. Proper plumbing is with an adapter 1/8" NPT male to female SAE line nut. I have tried both the SAE line nut and the metric nut: they fit the same with smooth thread engagement and an equal amount of play as you screw them in, so I used the NPT to SAE adapter with metric nuts and 3/16" line with double female flare.