HybridZ

Post OEM / Aftermarket 240Z Radio Installations

240zip

There just doesn't seem to be that many options for a good clean installation. I'm left with a SST remote audio and LCD controller option, one of the vintage audio installations, or chopping up my dash. I'm not going to chop or cut the dash. Well ... it's not something I really want to do ... perhaps I could take a bezel that's already chopped and use that. I have two OEM radios. I'm currently leaning towards one of the 'hidden' radio options. I'd like to mount the OEM AM/FM simply because of the look. It just seems that this 'hidden' option is like 5 years behind state-of-the-art. They sell color LCD-based MP3 players for under $20 with FM transmitters. You'd think someone could create a better alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not about the radio, but I made this subwoofer box out of MDF to fit behind the seats. It houses two 8" subs. I wanted everything to be out of sight. Still plenty of room to lean the seats back!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/john655/photo4.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/john655/photo2.jpg

Edited by John

Yea! It's in a 1975 280Z, right behind the seats. Or where the seats would be, but I'm doing an interior restoration at the moment so it's gutted. It fits behind my seats, and I have a knock off set of Corbeau's, and they're huge. So there would be even more clearance with factory seats.