HybridZ

Engine Cuts Out At Low Load

Gollum

It takes a little bit of work, but it's well worth the reward. Most of the conversion work is in converting over the Z31 CAS into the 280ZXT Dizzy.

The biggest upside is that the Z31 can have a programmable eprom installed and then you can run an open source tuning software to recalibrate. Even out the door though the Z31 tune works quite well on the L28ET.

The only reason I haven't gone that route is that local yards want way too much money for a wiring harness+ecu, and local part outs normally have no engine and harness. That combined with how much money I'd spend getting a new erpom installed you might as well just go megasquirt for just a little bit of money. A good chunk of a MS2 budget for me is stuff I'd still be buying with a Z31 ecu setup. Overall from what I've seen a Z31 ECU would only save me about $150, and I'd be loosing some easy of use and tune-ability.

Just nuts! (I lived in Vacaville for a year when I was a kid.)

I gotta be opportunistic, I suppose.

Actually, I cannot decide just now which to go with, a 280T or a 3.0T. I know that either way, I want some power.

I am running a 2.6 with SUs in my '73 Triumph Stag, and it looks good in there......With a Maxima four speed auto behind it.

Either turbo drive train would be readily installed, I'm thinking, but the 280t seems to be pretty cheap on the market.