HybridZ

moving the gass intake

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi I am a long time watcher for tips and what not but this is my first post. I am wondering how to move the gas intake (might not be the right terminology). I am in the process of making a wide body kit for my 280z and just realized I covered up the gas cap and need to move it out, but I have no idea how, any tips would be great thanx. rockon.gif

Guest Big Phil

I relocated my fuel filler door to behind my license plate. 80's Camaro's had license plates that flipped up I got the bracket from a junkyard. Pic of rear gas filler

I make a box for the stock fuel filler but if you don't want to weld, cut a hole behind the license plate and use a Cool Cap fuel. Check out page 35 in online catalog

Air Ride Tech Cool Cap fuel filler

For a while I moved the fuel door back to the side and used a motorcycle fuel door but it messed up car's clean look. Since then, I redid my taillights (89 300zx) and I bought a Hagan fuel door kit. Now the fuel door is between the tailights. Here is their website.

Replacement fuel door for rear mounting

Do a search on "fuel cells" and you should see some good implementations.

My personal favorite was the guy who hinged his rear license plate and put a filler tube into his fuel cell from there. This allows dual exhaust running out each rear corner. Also NAPA sells fuel filler tubing, both flexible and rigid.

Guest Anonymous

Thanx every one for the replys. I hadnt thought about putting It behind the license plate but its a really good idea and I think im gona try it out thanx again!